Quick thinking is a valuable asset in a world that continues to change and accelerate rapidly. The ability to think fast “on your feet” can increase self-esteem and boost happiness.
So how can you best develop this key skill? Consider these ideas:
• Exercise your brain regularly with games and hobbies
• Buy time by asking questions
• Learn to listen more effectively
• Trust your instincts — listen to “gut” feelings
• Schedule regular physical exercise
• Always be observant of your surroundings
Strengthening your ability to think quickly takes practice, but the above suggestions can be an excellent starting point for enhancing this important skill.