With many flying the friendly skies this holiday season, it’s time to review the rules and regs from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). For carry-on bag purposes, here are some tips:
• Wrapped gifts: Allowed, but not encouraged. TSA may have to unwrap for inspection.
• Snow globes: Need to comply with the 3-1-1 liquids rule.
• Fruitcake, cookies, holiday treats: If food item is solid, you can pack it. If spreadable or pourable, see 3-1-1 rule.
• Batteries in gifts: No lithium batteries, but check here for guidelines.
For other important tips, see TSA’s website or watch this video.
– Christina Johnson, On 3 Public Relations