According to WalletHub’s 2022 Valentine’s Day Survey, roughly 36 percent of people expect their Valentine to spend at least $50 on a gift. Further, lovesick shoppers shell out more than $23.9 billion each year making it the third-priciest holiday for U.S. consumers.
This infographic is filled with interesting facts about Valentine’s Day, including:
• $235 vs. $119: Men will spend almost twice as much as women, on average, this year.
• $10.7B: Amount we’ll spend on jewelry ($6.2B), flowers ($2.3B) and candy ($2.2B).
• 33 percent: Overall online dating activity increase between Feb. 1-14.
• 26 percent: Share of marriages that begin online.
– Christina Johnson, On 3 Public Relations