Influencer marketing has become an increasingly larger slice of the work that all businesses perform, with most companies directly involved in influencer negotiations.
Where should you focus your attention in your next influencer negotiation for best results? Start here:
• Content Rights – Nail down who will own completed content vs. having temporary use rights.
• Content Approval – Ensure that agency and brand will see and approve all content pre-posting.
• Exclusivity – Define whether the influencer will be prevented from representing any other brands.
• Behavior – Usually called the “morals clause,” preserve the ability to part ways if influencer behavior doesn’t match the brand’s values.
– Sharon Toerek, Toerek Law, The Agency 100